Becoming an Approved Technical Expert / Assessor
Becoming an expert
As part of our commitment to delivering an independent end-point assessment service of apprenticeship standards, we maintain a database of independent technical experts and assessors that we work with for a range of activities, including:
- Designing and developing the apprenticeship standard tools for end-point assessment activities.
- Providing independent technical experts and assessors to employers delivering apprenticeships.
- Providing technical experts for the end-point assessment activities. These activities include final decision panels, invigilation, audit, moderation and standardisation.
Join our Network
We are actively seeking to build a network of technical experts to partner with us to deliver our services, who will be experts of their technical field and hold (or be working towards) an assessor qualification in one of the following areas, ideally gained through operating in the energy & utilities sector:
- Maintenance and operations engineering – electrical technicians, mechanical technicians, control and instrumentation technicians, wind turbine technicians electrical system and process control technicians, electromechanical technicians and plant operations technicians.
- Gas engineering – installation, commission, decommission and the ongoing service and repair of gas appliances.
- Dual fuel smart meters – installation, exchange, commission, decommission and ongoing maintenance of smart metering systems and associated equipment and communication systems.
- Electrical power network engineering – asset management, planning, design, control electrical projects and operational delivery engineers.
- Electrical power protection and plant commissioning engineering – across the electrical power sector in generation, transmission and distribution.
- Water process technicians – working on water supply and treatment, water networks and leakage, sewerage and wastewater.
- Technical experts would be required to make assessment judgements about the competence of apprentices in the workplace.
Find out more
If you are interested in being included on our database of technical experts and assessors, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Send your CV with a covering letter indicating which standards you are interested in joining our team. We will then undertake approval and risk assessment to ensure capability, capacity and independence to support the delivery of range of end-point assessment activities for a specific standard.
Please contact us in the first instance via email@example.com.
If you prefer to speak with us directly please call 0845 077 99 22.