IfATE and ESFA Covid flexibilities Update
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (The Institute) and the ESFA published the following update on 29th November 2021. The link provided to the flexibilities framework gives more detail of the flexibilities and the reasons for the withdrawal of the last three flexibilities. If any customers have concerns about whether they are affected by this announcement, please contact your Service Delivery Coordinator directly.
The Institute has now published the flexibilities framework that sets out how the 10 flexibilities and introduced to support continued delivery of apprenticeship end-point assessments (EPA) through COVID-19 will be applied after 28 February 2022.
Seven of the 10 flexibilities will be retained as options to use beyond 1 March 2022. These are:
1. Observations taking place in simulated environments
2. Remote delivery of assessment (including invigilation)
3. Pauses being allowed between assessment methods during end-point assessment period
4. Assessments taking place outside of usual venues
5. Delivery of assessment methods in any order (when a specified order is in the assessment plan)
6. Exams/tests being online instead of on paper (where originally specified as paper based only)
7. Gateway sign off being done remotely (where originally specified as having to be face to face)
Three of the 10 flexibilities will be switched off on 28 February 2022. These are:
8. Changes being made to who sits on the EPA interview/discussion panel (when someone in addition to the independent assessor is specified)
9. Allowing other suitable evidence of achievements being used in replacement of functional skills qualifications at gateway (other mandated qualifications are covered under temporary discretions)
10. Extension to the length of the end-point assessment period (where specified)
If you are interested in finding out more, contact the EUIAS Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.