Standards in Development and Under Review
Standards in Development Update
As announced in the last Newsletter, we are now developing end-point assessments for the following standards:
- Cellular Network Field Engineer
- Lead Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician
- Water Treatment Technician
We have been successful in adding them to our scope of approval with Ofqual – a necessary step which involves the regulator confirming that we have the necessary resources and expertise to develop and offer these standards.
Launch dates are yet to be finalised but we are aiming for early in 2024.
If you are interested in finding out more about our end-point assessment for these apprenticeships please contact us at email@example.com.
Standard Review Update
The review of the Power Network Craftsperson standard ST0156 is complete. The standard will be replaced by three new level 3 standards:
- Power Industry Overhead Linesperson ST1330 (IfATE link)
- Power Industry Substation Fitter ST1331 (IfATE link)
- Power Industry Distribution Cable Jointer ST1332 (IfATE link)
Final sign off is expected shortly. There will be a transition period between the old standard and the new standards although the length of the transition period has not been confirmed yet. The links provided above will take you the respective pages on the IfATE website where you can see the new standard and assessment plan.
Also under review are:
- Gas Engineering Operative ST0155;
- Dual Fuel Smart Meter Installer ST0158
These are being updated rather than replaced and are currently at draft standard and assessment plan stage.